How we started
Mr. & Mrs. Semwenda originate from the same village, Nkulabi in Dodoma Region, where they started growing grapes back in 2009. The most common grown grapes variety in the region are Chenin Blank and the local Makutupora. Farming become a hobby for us which was stamped by our origins and highly influenced by our grandparents who were also grape farmers in the 1970s – 1980s, hence the formulation of our company slogan ‘The Taste of Dodoma, True to our roots.
With a lengthy farming tradition and history we look forward to share our grape growing and wine making experiences with you for many years and generations to come.
Dane Holdings Limited: BRELA No. 2034 & TBS TZS 87:2013
We thrive in making fine wines that enrich the taste&soul.
DANE Holdings Limited & Brands
Our factory sells an assortment of wine, locally produced under the brand name of Dane Wines, supplied to local shops, bars and liquor outlets for sale, with orders from as far as Dar es Salaam and other regions.
Our team shares a common passion for producing and distributing exceptional wine, while demonstrating important values like integrity and trustworthiness.
Together, we have the history and vision to lead DANE Holding Limited (DHL) into the future, while encouraging and empowering new voices and ideas in building our brand.
dane holdings limited
The Vineyard Farm
Mr. & Mrs. Semwenda started growing grapes in their family farm in Nkulabi Village, Dodoma. Sold grapes to fruit vendors and local wine producers mainly Alko Vintages Co. Ltd.
Machinery & Equipment
In 2015, Alko Vintage convinced DHL to add value to their grapes by starting-up a cellar to produce bulk wine. DHL construct a small winery and bought machines from Italy where the first production started in July 2016.
DHL produced 55,000 litres in 2016, 110,000 litres in 2017, 165,000 litres in 2018 and 250,000 litres in 2019. Currently DHL has a capacity to produce 500,000 litres of wine.
Regional Market & Partners
Partnership with local resellers with distribution footprint and great route to market & online distribution of DANE Products.
Through the years, we are honoured to give back to the local community and to support causes that make a difference to others. DHL does all this through;
- Buying of grapes from the farmers in Nkulabi and neighbouring villages
- Employing Tanzanians, permanent 12 and seasonal casual labourers 13
- Farmers enjoy tasting and drinking wine produced from their grapes
- DHL Farms and cellar which is potential for touring business in the city
For Partnerships & Sponsorships; firstname.lastname@example.org
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- Football Sponsorship League named as “Semwenda Cup in 2015”
- Regular Fund donations in the construction of Churches
- Facilitation of Cement donation to the Primary School
- Free accommodation to student teachers who come to the village for teaching practise and church guests
- Fund donation to construction of a Ward Police Post
- Gravel Road Rehabilitation (Nkulabi to Chiwona)
- Regular Transport support to patients and demises
- Free water to the villagers in the first day of a new borehole